Friday, August 12, 2011

Liam's Nautical 1st Birthday (Playdate Party)

I created a nautical theme for my son's first birthday (August 7th)this summer.I just love the nautical theme, especially during these dog days of summer. We hosted one family party on a boat (on his actual birthday) and one baby playdate party a couple days prior. 

Here are some of many shots I took during his playdate party. We celebrated with Liam's baby friends whom he had shared his first year playing with.(Stella, we missed you!) It was really sweet. Thank you S and J for coming out to celebrate this special milestone with us. We have enjoyed spending time with you and look forward to more playdates as our babies grow up together.


Some details:

Crisp, translucent sheets and a nautical fabric banner designed by Liam's Aunt Laura draped from the playroom chandelier, creating pseudo sails for Liam's "party boat" atmosphere.

 Oh, he never became tired of playing with the balloons!
Party favor bags included personalized sailor caps. I used stamps, fabric paint and hand-stitched the name plates with crochet yarn.



Our neighbor, M, built this fantastic boat by hand! -Rough water sailing: hold on to your hats, sailors!
Jonah: "I think I'm gonna be sick."
Liam: "Hang in there, Jonah, we're almost there."
 Madi: "Land Ho!"

These are seriously cute kiddies...



It was my first time trying red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting. Thumbs up! I will make these again. Added: crab, anchor and starfish fondant as toppers (right).

 Friends enjoyed celebrating.














             Liam devoured his entire cupcake.
The end result= the classic cake-smash face! 
(Thank you S, for taking this nice shot of our family.)
A happy birthday boy. Still playing with his balloons after the party.